Subject: Re: DOS emulator
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/2001 00:35:55
<wojtek@wojtek.from.pl> writes:

> could linux dosemu be compiled on NetBSD?
>
> doscmd unfortunately can't fully emulate things i need (clipper's programs
> exactly) while dosemu does it ok.

What I'd like to be able to run is the MS C++ compiler and tools, so
that I could do *all* of my depressing MS development (except testing)
on NetBSD. Since doscmd only works with 16 bit DOS apps, it doesn't
work. (No, gcc isn't an option).

I remember making dosemu work on NetBSD a *long* time ago (using stuff
from someone on ftp.netbsd.org), but seem to recall that it didn't do
what I needed (run 32bit DOS apps straight from the shell) either.