Subject: Re: staroffice 5.2
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/02/2001 22:15:24
On 02.03.01, 16:50:36, wojtek@wojtek.from.pl wrote:
> could someone give me instruction how to run staroffice 5.2 on netbsd?

The easiest way is if you have access to a "real" Linux box, then
install it on that Linux machine, tar up the complete installation
directory and unpack in on the NetBSD machine to the same location (e.
g. /usr/local/office52).

If the Linux emulation is installed properly, it should work just
fine.

I have not yet been able to install it directly on a NetBSD machine,
but once installed it runs quite stable and reliable. Better in fact
than 5.1.

I actually installed a Mandrake Linux for just this purpose and
removed it immediately after I confirmed that StarOffice was running
fine on NetBSD.

I recommend at least 64 MB of RAM, more is definitely better. Still
takes about 70 seconds(!) just to start on a Celeron/450 with 256 MB
and rather fast SCSI disks. And that's without loading any document.

	Bernd

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD, More Nines.