Subject: 30GB/10GB partition
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/02/2001 13:42:34
My new PC will have a 30GB 1st partition for WinME and the rest of the
40+GB disk for NetBSD.  Will the dosboot.com program be able to boot NetBSD
from the 2nd partition?  I would like to use the presence of the boot
floppy as the "Use NetBSD mode" switch so my company's IT guys don't get
upset about my loading a boot loader on the disk (and then needing to
re-install everything when I do it wrong ;)

I'm also guessing that the new machine's audio card will not be supported
under NetBSD, yet, so I'll probably need to boot to MSDOS from floppy, run
a MSDOS sound card "go to SoundBlaster emulation mode" program, and then
run dosboot.

My current dosboot command line is: dosboot -u wd0a:netbsd

Any thoughts/suggestions on the above plan?

Steven G.