Subject: Keyboard problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, help@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/01/2001 15:29:40
Hi,

  I just installed 1.5 on a new machine.  MSI K7TPRO motherboard.
Install went fine, rebooted to multi-user just fine .... bug
when I started to login a root, the r started repeating and the
only way to get it to stop was to unplug the keyboard.   That
stopped the repeating problem, but then, every time I hit CNTL-LOCK,
the keyboard quit responding after a kernel message about led timeout.
Again, unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in again got
characters working.

  I looked in the PR database and found 2 that were possibly related,
5192 - lost shift key events in 1.3 and 10316 - wscons doesn't respond to
keyboard events on 486PCI board in 1.4.2.  wscons is enabled and
I have no clue if this is a wscons problem or not.

  Has anyone else had the same problem?

--
Phil Nelson                       NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu           Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu