Subject: hardware support
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: E. Lauman <laumane@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/26/2001 20:24:29
I just bought a new computer which I'd like to install Netbsd on and I'm
wondering how well various parts are supported. I'd appreaciate if
anyone who's had experience with any of these could let me know how well
they're supported. Also I'm a bit of a programmer, and I'd be willing to
try adding support for any of the devices that don't work (that's
assuming I can get this thing to boot :))
my computer is setup as follows:
Duron 750, 256megs ram
Abit KT7A-Raid motherboard
40 gig Maxtor Ultra DMA 100 hard drive (the motherboard has four ide
connectors, the second 2 of which supprot Ultra DMA 100, so the drive is
on ide 3 which worries me, 'cause even Win2k had trouble finding before
I loaded the correct drivers, i'm not sure what the support for more
than 2 ide channels is like under freebsd - here's hoping)
Plextor burner one ide 1
floppy (obviously this is supported)
ATI Radeon 32meg DDR video card - this is a AGP card - is that
supported?
Creative labs SoundBlaster Live sound card
Dlink dfe-(forget the number) ethernet card (I saw a bunch of cards that
are supported but I din't see any dlinks)
Thanx for any info anyone can provide about this hardware.
Edvard Lauman