Subject: Re: About NetBSD server tuning! - Suggestions gratefully solicited
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/26/2001 14:13:47
	I tend to agree with Greg here.  I've got  this huge raid(5) array
of IDE disks which are set to run at udma(1).  That means the underlying
disks should be doing transfers of about 10Mbytes/sec, I believe.  I'm
getting reads of 20-25Mbytes/sec through the array, which is a good deal
faster than the underlying individual disks.  I don't know what my write
performance is, because right now, the writes are generating so many crc
errors on one of the cables, that I'm sure things are skewed toward the
time it takes to write all of those printf statements to the klog socket.
-Brian