Subject: Re: USB keyboards, boot selector, boot program.
To: None <wojtek@wojtek.from.pl>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/25/2001 06:03:44
 [...]
> do you like to try my own at least 5 year old boot selector (attached)?

Thanks, but it turns out that my original two problems were operator
error.  I needed to toggle a BIOS setting, and all is well (except for
single user boot).

> it's DOS program you need to run it from DOS. if someone would be
 [...]

I don't have any sign of DOS on my machine.  I _really_ don't want to add
an MS-DOS partition just for a boot selector.  (^&

Thanks for the offer, though.  If it was the only option, I would possibly
have taken you up on it.  (Though, if I needed to repartition, I would
probably just remove the GNU/LINUX partition, and with it any need for a
boot selector.  I don't seem to ever boot LINUX, anyway...*grin*)

That brings me to another point, after a fashion, which I think I'll post
to netbsd-users...

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu