Subject: Re: USB keyboards, boot selector, boot program.
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/25/2001 05:49:10
> > > Did you set "USB Keyboard support == BIOS" in the BIOS?
> >
> > No, I didn't know that I needed to do that.  I rebooted, went into setup,
 [...]
> >  [...]
> > > The next thing to try is single-user. :-)
> >
> > Single-user didn't handle the USB keyboard.  It prompted me for the path
> > to sh, and ignored the keyboard.  I had to cycle the power.
>
> Sorry, single user mode doesn't work with USB keyboards.  You only
> need to execute one command to attach it, but without a keyboard it's
> kinda hard. :-)

(^&

Bummer.

> This is something I'be meant to fix for a long time.

Ah, so no need for a PR, I assume.

Well, the present keyboard is actually capable of going PS/2, so in an
emergency, I could still power down, move it to the PS/2 port, and power
up again.

Just out of curiosity, what is the command that I'd need to execute?

  "I probably don't know what I'm talking about." --rauch@eecs.ukans.edu