Subject: None
To: Paul Seymour <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/23/2001 20:23:08
> Is there anything I can do to upgrade the xserver binary or
> X windows itself so as to be able to use this card, or do
> I have to get onother card please?

There are XFree86 4.0.2 binaries for NetBSD/1.5 here:

ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.0.2/binaries/NetBSD-1.5/

It doesn't say very obviously but I imagine they're i386 binaries
... all the world's a PC or something like that. :-(

That site is very slow; you'd probably prefer to download them from a
mirror, probably mirror.aarnet.edu.au judging from your email address.

I've no information on when/how XFree86 4.x will be included into
NetBSD although I thought something floated across the mailing lists
about it -- you might search the mail archives at:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org

to see if you can find a mention.

> ps I hope this email is ok, I'm in text mode and not used
> to it. cheers.

Applause!  See, it's easy!

Cheers,

Giles