Subject: Re: Highpoint HPT370 IDE raid controller
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/18/2001 12:23:41
Manuel Bouyer writes:

> NetBSD can also boot from a RAIDframe RAID1 device. All my servers do this
> now :)

This is nice, but what about from a RAID0? :-)  With the BIOS providing
a "drive" that is the (pseudo)RAID array, the normal biosboot code should
be able to load a kernel from either RAID0 or RAID1  without any special
code. (after all it just loads it normally via the BIOS)

I don't have much use for this pseudo RAID, so it is not important.
It might be nice to have code that issues a warning if it detects
the drives are configured in a pseudo RAID array.

-Andrew