Subject: wmcube and X Source!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: B. Bogart <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/13/2001 23:37:35
I've come accross this issue while trying to get wmcube to work. According
to the wmcube documentation it does work fine on NetBSD. There is even a
NetBSD specific Makefile. When I try and compile I got this error:

gcc -Wall -I/usr/X11R6/include -O2 -DNETBSD  -c wmcube.c -o wmcube.o
In file included from wmcube.c:48:
/xsrc/xc/lib/X11/Xlib.h:56: X11/X.h: No such file or directory
/xsrc/xc/lib/X11/Xlib.h:59: X11/Xfuncproto.h: No such file or directory
/xsrc/xc/lib/X11/Xlib.h:60: X11/Xosdefs.h: No such file or directory
wmcube.c:49: xpm.h: No such file or directory
In file included from wmcube.c:50:
/xsrc/xc/include/extensions/shape.h:33: X11/Xfuncproto.h: No such file or
directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.

the wmcube.c file had references to:
#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <X11/xpm.h>
#include <X11/shape.h>

that could not be found.
So I rooted through my X source: /xsrc/ and replaced those references to
the paths of those actual files.

now when I compile the Xlib.h includes files that it cannot find!

was I supposed to set up some kind of symbolic link since all these X
sources files seem to refer to things in X11, wherever that is?

Thanks all for time and effort.

Ben Bogart

B. Bogart
Convergent Media Designer
"According to quantum physics, every atom in a building consists of subatomic particles whizzing around a void of empty space; this void is proportionately as large as the distance between galaxies. Dwelling in the vast spaces between subatomic particles are the nonmaterial laws of physics that guide the material world. Like the invisible field of gravity between earth and the moon, these voids are not realms of nothingness; they are fields of energy and information."
	- Anthony Lawlor, "The Temple in The House."