Subject: Xfree86 4.0.2 difficulties...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/12/2001 12:43:33
please pardon me if I'm late to this discussion, but I've come across
a problem with XFree86 4.0.2 and certain (in this case, the RIVATNT one)
chipsets, and I know my grammar just sucked :-)

Anyway, once xdm starts, the Stoopid palette gets zorched and never
refreshed, and I now have Sundiver Console Syndrome (black text and
a blinking black cursor on a black background).

Is there a patch for this?  If so, I'd love to know where it is.

Is this our fault?  Is it their fault?  I don't care; I think it ought to
be a joint effort to find a fix if one's not been found already.

I lack the time and expertise to fix this myself -- I don't even know
where to start looking.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD, Net Profit.