Subject: Compaq sound support
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Apprich <psapprich@mindspring.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/11/2001 19:01:19
--------------B36017722C55AF6E38B89956

Greetings,

        I have a Compaq Deskpro XL566 EISA bus system that has an
onboard sound feature using an Analog Devices AD1847JP DSP. The
resources available comes up as 0x530-0x537 / 0x604 - 0x60B / 0xF40 -
0xF47 / 0xE80 - 0xE87 and DMA 0/1/3. There are no IRQ's listed in the
system configuration utility for this device. Is this chip supported by
any recent i386 generic kernels?

        I have tried disabling the onboard sound and using a SB16 sound
card, but it hangs when I play any 16 bit audio files. There seems to be

a DMA conflict between the SB16 and some onboard device. The SCU lists
DMA 5 as unused by any of the onboard devices, yet it still hangs when I

play 16 bit audio files.

TiA

PA