Subject: setiathome 3.03.i386-unknown-netbsd1.3 crashing in 1.5
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/2001 19:03:56
Hi, has anyone else seen this?  I run setiathome niced to +20 on a K6-2/400
256MB w/ECC system.  Over the past few weeks, it has crashed with:

(from gdb 4.17):

Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error.
#0  0x4a8b in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x4a8b in ?? ()
#1  0x3848 in ?? ()
#2  0x11763 in ?? ()
#3  0x16c16 in ?? ()
#4  0x16d51 in ?? ()
#5  0x2e29 in ?? ()
#6  0x10b8 in ?? ()

This was true all three times it crashed.  Since the address at which it
crashes is not random (in fact, it's the same), I assume this means that
there is probably not a h/w problem, but rather some s/w issue.

Often it runs for weeks and weeks with no trouble.  But in every case that
it belches, it does so within the first few hours of starting the program
after a clean reboot of NetBSD 1.5

How do I go about tracking this down?

Thanks!  -Mike