Subject: Bare Essentials...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Steven Ball <kb9ylw@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/2001 00:38:15
Hello Frederick!

  AB> Are base.tgz, etc.tgz and kern.tgz the bare minimum
    > needed for a NetBSD/i386 install?

  FB> you may then remove a lot (mount_* except what you
    > use, fsck_*, lots of other thing).
    >
    > 10-15MB should be enough for minimal system (like
    > routing/firewalling/NAT)

Excellent, perhaps I've finally found a use for my 20Mb 3.5"
ATA hard disk! <grin> Seriously though, I was just wondering
which sets to download onto my minimal test platform.  I got
the three sets mentioned, and I'm almost ready to attempt an
install.  If only I can figure out how to make a disklabel
that will enable me to install from a FAT partition, I
should be able to get started with NetBSD.

Regards,
  - Andy Ball.