Subject: Solution 4 [was:"Please help, a Selector ate my MBR.]
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/2001 10:13:34
So the problem and the solution were in the EZ-Setup program I use to get
the right outmap of a 2,5Gb western hardrive. (This is old BIOS so the
table needs to be correctly translated).
Whenever installed it overrides e'thing in the first 63 sectors, even other
bootselectors.

It turned out that the disklabel was erased (somehow).

Solution:
Booted with the flops-> sysutils->fdisk to put the right id (169) on the
root partition ->
automagically ended the misery and the boot went just fine.

Doh, the smallest things overlooked.

T@W