Subject: Re: Printer port access
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/31/2001 15:52:44
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Jared D. McNeill wrote:

> You will need to include machine/sysarch.h and machine/pio.h
>
> On i386, first call 'i386_iopl(3);', then you can use inb(port) and
> outb(port, data). When you're done, call 'i386_iopl(0);'. Don't forget to
> link the binary against libi386.

Just curious, but what is the machine independant way to do this?  I've
seen references to bus_space and such, but never really gotten the gist of
it.

-
Jon
 - The opinions expressed are not necesarily those of my employer.
 - USATODAY.com latest Health news for 12/4/2000 at 2:10 p.m.:
    Tobacco firm backs lung cancer test: Spaz the cat will never again
    want for medication to relieve his constipation.