Subject: Re: Two machines in one...
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/30/2001 07:20:17
On 30-Tam-01, Kevin wrote:

>> Commodore's A1500 was an Amiga A2000 without a
>> hard disk.  I nearly bought a SCSI card for it

Wasn't A1500 a model of A2000 with two floppy drives (and
no hard drive).

>> I wonder if anyone has ever run NetBSD/i386 on an
>> i386 bridgeboard <andy desperately fumbles to stay
>> on-topic>
>
> I had a 286 bridgeboard fall into my lap. I was wondering if it would
> be possible/difficult to turn it into a bridge so I could use ISA
> cards in my Amiga. Then I could have 100base-T on my A2000.

I once bought an well spiced A2000 (and A500) for practically
no money, and got a BridgeBoard with it. At the time I did some
research and tried the board out in my A4000. I found out that
at least there are practically no drivers, and it seemed that
for some reason they'd be tricky to make (? not sure)...

But I seem to remember that starting up with A2000, Commodore
actually used BridgeBoard to provide hard drive controller for
Amiga (because no one had done a native controller yet).

Aminet carries a good deal of BB material, maybe you should
read BBFAQ.

(BTW, has anyone considered about supporting GoldenGate bridge
in NetBSD to provide access to ISA bus?)

--
Arto Huusko  --  WWW: http://maailma.yok.utu.fi/
                  ** Divecalc **