Subject: Re: COMPAT_FREEBSD and pkgsrc/emulators/freebsd_lib
To: Bill Squier <groo@old-ones.com>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/29/2001 15:53:56
Bill Squier <groo@old-ones.com> writes:

> and failing that, the Linux version of ymessenger works just fine.

Thanks for the datapoint.  Is there any obvious doc on how to install
an RPM on a BSD box?  When I just run rpm -i foo.rpm, it complains:

error: cannot open //var/local/lib/rpm/packages.rpm

I don't see anything in the rpm(1) man page that says to ignore this
file or use a different one.  And there's the rpm2pkg thing which the
suse_linux packages use, but there's no doc for it that I can find.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                           Mad scientist at large