Subject: Andy builds a monster...
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Steven Ball <kb9ylw@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/29/2001 11:57:44
Hello Richard!

  RR> 245MB for root sounds a bit large for a normal NetBSD
    > install.  Whether 140MB /usr is enough, I dunno...
    > It's certainly backwards, with respect to NetBSD, to
    > have /usr smaller than /.  (/ is just the bare
    > essentials.  /usr is ``everything else''.)

Excellent, I'm glad I asked now!  =o)

  RR> 6. You can never drink too much Dr. Pepper.  Unles you
    > explode.

I'm drinking it now, and I think I'm about to!

  RR> (Note on #3: If you feel adventurous, you can drop to
    > a shell from the installer and manually make the
    > filesystems and/or untar the files.  I've always taken
    > the lazy route of letting the installer do the work
    > for me.)

I like the sound of manually making the filesystems and
untarring the files.  Are there other things the installer
does that I would need to do?

  RR> (No Guru Meditation Numbers, sorry.  Have you tried
    > port-amiga?  (^&)

I doubt it would run on my A600 (the only Amiga I have in
this country).  If I were back in Britain I'd probably be
tempted to stick a PowerPC accellerator in the A1500 I have
laying around somewhere.

Regards,
  - Andy.