Subject: [divx@euro.ru: Re: avifile and NetBSD...]
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@eik.pl>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/29/2001 01:38:50
mail from the author.

----- Forwarded message from Eugene Kuznetsov <divx@euro.ru> -----

Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:25:06 -0600
From: Eugene Kuznetsov <divx@euro.ru>
To: Tomasz Luchowski <zuntum@eik.pl>
Subject: Re: avifile and NetBSD...

Hello Tomasz,

TL> I hope you know what's happening here... I made patches so
TL> avifile-0.6.0-beta3 compiles on mine NetBSD 1.5Q/i386,
TL> but freezes. Could you help me? Cou can take a look at patches
TL> I made with Jared Mc Neill in .tar.gz described bellow.

I looked through the patches. Most of them seem OK, I can apply them
to the source tree if you want, but some things I would like you to
change. First, patching Makefile & Makefile.in is wrong ( these are
autogenerated files ). Make a patch for Makefile.am instead. Second,
-li386 should be added to makefiles by configure script. If your
knowledge of GNU software covers autoconf, please fix that in
configure.in. If not, that's OK ( it'll just take more time ).

About problem with freezing, I'm afraid that I can't tell anything
without debug information ( at least gdb backtrace ). Especially
because of your OS, it could be anything from bug in avifile to some
kind of unexpected feature of NetBSD libc.

--
Best regards,
 Eugene                            mailto:divx@euro.ru

----- End forwarded message -----