Subject: Re: Netatalk and HFS partitions
To: Robert D. Billings <rbilling@aros.net>
From: Robert D. Billings <rbilling@aros.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/28/2001 09:40:11
At 9:39 AM +0100 1/28/01, wojtek@wojtek.from.pl wrote:
>  > downloaded and compiled the HFSutils found in the packages
>>  collection. But I can't find a way to allow access to these
>>  partitions to the Macs without being able to actually mount these
>>  using a mount point.
>>
>>  I've found the HFS for Linux source but can't compile it.
>
>why you need hfs partition instead of ffs?
>
>you exports files not partitions.

I now realize the problems I thought were associated with the
partition not being HFS is more of a configuration problem in
netatalk. I'm slowly working that out now.

The next problem to tackle is why DHCP keeps reporting that the
network is down and continually tries to get a lease from the DHCP
server while the server shows a lease to the NetBSD box and I have
network access to the box.

Any suggestions?

Rob

PS Thanks for all of the help with the netatalk stuff.