Subject: Re: 1.5 won't reboot?
To: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/26/2001 21:58:20
On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 10:50:28AM -0500, Jon Lindgren wrote:
> On a freshly installed 1.5 machine, the reboot functionality doesn't seem
> to work for me.  All I get is a "rebooting..." message, and a frozen
> machine.
>
> Any ideas?  I'd love to use these machines as utility boxes, and
> remote/automated rebooting would be lovely.

Did you check archives ? This issue comes from time to time with some models
of PCs.

Otherwise look at cpu_reset() in sys/arch/i386/i386/machdep.c. There are 3
methods to reset here, one of them is in #if 0/#endif.
By playing with this you may be able to get your machine to reboot.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>