Subject: Re: MAD16 based soundcard
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/25/2001 23:56:37
On 25-Tam-01, Jaromír wrote:

>> i have ISA soundcard which is working well in linux with "mad16" driver,
>> but i cannot such thing in netbsd 1.5.
>> however with generic kernel sb0 is found, but when trying do mpg123 on it
>> i'me getting terrible noise with slowdowned music in background.
>
> You can try the wss(4) driver, perhaps that would be better.

BTW, is that MAD16 card you have just plain MAD16 or Mad 16 PRO?
I have Mad 16 PRO, but GENERIC didn't find sb nor wss. I checked
at a dos prompt that the card should be in sb emulation (or, hey,
was it SB Pro, is that supported by NetBSD?).

I'd like to get the thing working, although it is not critical...

--
Arto Huusko  --  WWW: http://maailma.yok.utu.fi/
                  ** Divecalc **