Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5_BETA2 to 1.5
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Al B. Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/2001 21:56:19
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> > The 1.5 upgrade sysinst thang fscks my partitions, asks me "MARK THIS
> > PARTITION CLEAN? [yn]", then when I answer "y" it says that it couldn't
> > mount the partition and gives up.
>
> What partition is it ?

Initially, it does this for the root partiion, but if I retry it skips
root and then barfs on /usr, and won't give in if I keep retrying.

I've tried fiddling with manually fscking, mounting the FS to see if it
makes the fsck return success without doing anything, etc. to no avail.

> > For such a minor upgrade, might just untaring all the sets (after moving
> > /etc aside) then moving /etc back suffice, along with a kernel recompile?
>
> yes, it should. You may want to diff /etc/rc.d and /etc/defaults.

Sweet - thanks!

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell