Subject: Problems on a Cubix machine
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Yubyub bird <jonl@yubyub.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/23/2001 20:08:39
So I just ran into this great 8 machine Cubix box.  It's got 8 486DX100s
in a single box.  NetBSD installed great, except for two problems:

1) Each board has an onboard ethernet (an AMD 79c960 chip) which isn't
seen by NetBSD.  According to Cubix's tech info for this board (the
BC-4035), the ethernet sits at 0x300 to 0x317, irq 3 or 5.  I thought this
chip might be detected by the le driver, but it wasn't, and poking around
a bit didn't turn on any lightbulbs for me ;-)

2) When I try to reboot, it simply freezes after printing
"rebooting..."  Since I'd love to use this box for a bunch of nat/etc
boxes, I'd love to be able to reboot 'em.

The machines are all on an ISA bus, and I tested using NetBSD-1.5.

Any pointers or help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Yubyub Bird
 "The opinions expressed are not necesarily opinions."