Subject: Re: can't map i/o space
To: Kazuyoshi Kato (kaz-k) <kazk@yyy.or.jp>
From: Diana Eichert <deichert@wrench.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/23/2001 17:43:46
Just remember that a lot of Compaqs heep their bios setup and diagnostics
on a separate partition, blowing that small little partition away can
cause you lots of grief down the road.

diana

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Kazuyoshi Kato (kaz-k) wrote:

> > > I had an older Compaq 486 (with a Pentium OverDrive chip in it) for a
> > > while -- believe it or not the setup program was available on a floppy
> > > image from Compaq. It booted DOS and ran the setup program from there.
> > > This might be somethign to look in to -- check compaq's web site for it.
> >
> > F10 might do the trick, the Compaqs I've wrestled with have flashed
> > the cursor in the upper right corner when you're supposed to press the
> > magic key. Otherwise you need a special boot floppy set.
> >
> > /Johan
>
> That's it!  It, F10 works!  Thanks everyone!  (I tried F10 key as well,
> though it didn't work then...  Timing is the trick?)
> Just wonder it's a Compaq specific or Phoenix BIOS.
>
> --  kaz-k

Diana Eichert
VP Technical Services
Nothing in Particular at the Moment, Inc.
deichert@wrench.com

For PGP Public key
http://www.swcp.com/~deichert/pgp_public_key.txt