Subject: Re: IBM PS/2 85
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/21/2001 04:48:09
from Mattias Karlsson <keihan@sergei.cc>:

>I have some huge problems booting the floppies on my IBM PS/2 85 machine,
>It's a MCA-bus system with SCSI interface onboard. I've tried to boot
>using the i386 floppies but I just get "Boot fail", nothing else, really
>wierd. I've also tried the arch/i386/ps2/boot-ps2-1.0.fs image but it
>gave me the same respond.
>
>Also tried to use the dosboot.com utility in a existing MSDOS partition
>to boot the binary/kernel/netbsd.INSTALL.gz, the kernel is loaded into
>the memory then the screen goes blanc, and the system reboots.

When you tried dosboot.com, what syntax did you use?  Did you try to dosboot
netbsd.INSTALL.gz, or did you gzip -d first?  I couldn't find any documentation
on dosboot, so I don't know if there is anything more than
dosboot kernel-name
using the actual kernel-name in place of "kernel-name", and using a
DOS-compatible file name.