Subject: JDK package broken
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@maailma.yok.utu.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2001 15:12:23
Hi,

Roughly a week ago I sent a request for help with JDK package,
although no one helped. But, anyways, I was able to come up
with a fix.

The JDK package apparently is quite bonkers. My trouble was
that nothing worked: saying "java" to prompt ended up with
the prompt promptly telling me:
Shared object "libjava.so" not found

This, naturally, is because indeed there is no libjava.so
in the jdk package. Instead there is libjava.so.1.1.8.
Removing the offending numerical information from the end
of the lib*.so files' names produces a working JDK.

I feel something ought to be done (although not by me, I'm
alone in the dark with the inner beauty of the pkgsrc, me)

--
Arto Huusko  --  WWW: http://maailma.yok.utu.fi/
                  ** Divecalc **