Subject: IBM PS/2 85
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mattias Karlsson <keihan@sergei.cc>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2001 02:58:50
Hello,

I have some huge problems booting the floppies on my IBM PS/2 85 machine,
It's a MCA-bus system with SCSI interface onboard. I've tried to boot
using the i386 floppies but I just get "Boot fail", nothing else, really
wierd. I've also tried the arch/i386/ps2/boot-ps2-1.0.fs image but it
gave me the same respond.

Also tried to use the dosboot.com utility in a existing MSDOS partition
to boot the binary/kernel/netbsd.INSTALL.gz, the kernel is loaded into
the memory then the screen goes blanc, and the system reboots.

Please help.

And if you reply, include my address cause I'm not in the port-i386
mailinglist.

Regards,
Mattias Karlsson.