Subject: Re: can't map i/o space
To: None <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org, kazk@yyy.or.jp>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2001 03:39:21
> Thanks for quick response, though as I told you, I'm VERY new to this
> arch., so I have no idea how to check up BIOS settings...  :-(

Usually, you can go to BIOS-menu by pressing DEL key or F2-key or
shomething on power-on or reset. Many BIOSes displays the key sequence
at that time.
Then you can change the setting from "PnP OS: yes" -> "no".

And even if there is no such BIOS option on your machine, you can try
the following kernel config option to fix the "can't map i/o space"
problem.
	options PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP
You can look at pcibios(4) man page for detail.

(I think changing PnP OS setting from YES to NO is recommended way, though.)
--
soda