Subject: Re: can't map i/o space
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
From: kaz-k) <kazk@yyy.or.jp (Kazuyoshi Kato>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/2001 03:31:43
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Kazuyoshi Kato (kaz-k) wrote:
> > I got this error when I tried to install and build ondemand ppp nat
> > server with Compaq Presario 2295 last night.
> > Ethernet card is 3com 3c595(tx) Fast Etherlink III which may be
> > supported(I guess).
> >
> > Is this well known problem and just happened to me, or I'm alone or did
> > I miss or mess up something?
>
> Check your BIOS for an option named something like 'PnP Aware OS' or
> 'Running Windows 95', and make sure it's set to no. Should work after
> that.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Jared

Thanks for quick response, though as I told you, I'm VERY new to this
arch., so I have no idea how to check up BIOS settings...  :-(
And windows... it didn't came with, as a matter of fact, I found this
system at our lab's junk room and got for free.  My boss gave me
hardware, however didn't gave me Microsoft property stuffs because of
copyright restriction.
I have to get Windows???   sigh...  :-(

-- kaz-k