Subject: Re: Is it ok to use AMD athlon processors?
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
From: Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/19/2001 02:05:42
Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:

> Bang Jun-Young writes:
> How do I tell the revision number?  I bought it the second week of
> December from "Treasure Chest Computers" after asking the Asus
> marketing dept. where I might find a board in stock.  (It seems there
> was a run on them just before x-mas and Asus was very helpful in
> locating stock.)

The revision number can be found somewhere between PCI slots on the board.

> Yes, all the peripheral boards are the same.  I moved them from my
> slow but stable Intel AL440LX motherboard with a 330Mhz P-II to the
> Asus-A7V w. 1.1GHZ Athlon.

I suspect the CPU temperature was too high and supplied voltages were
unstable. First try replacing the power supply unit. If it didn't help,
then lower the CPU clock frequency by adjusting the multiplier. All of
4 L1 bridges must be closed before doing that.

Jun-Young

--
Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>