Subject: Re: Many PCI IDE cards in one box, is this possible?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/2001 17:05:10
	Thanks for that, I didn't know.  On a related note, while I have
your attention, I notice that when I try to configure 12 of these drives
into an array, and start the parity calculation process, the machine
becomes incredibly slow, and the load goes up to 13 or 14.  Ps shows that
raidframe_parity is the all consuming process, and occasionally, I see
messages like:
pcide2:1:1: bogus intr
The drives have all stepped down to mode pio 4, so I don't think they're
running that fast, but something seems saturated.  Any notion of what it
might be?  Will this problem resolve itself when we begin using the raid5
array in a light manner?
-thanks
-Brian