Subject: post-install login trouble
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan Low <uberfrogus@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/2001 04:19:34
I just installed NetBSD 1.5 on an old Pentium I
dinosaur from cdrom. Installation completes and
everything is smooth until I try to log in for the
first time. At the login prompt, having received the
root name and password, it thinks for a little bit,
then puts up another login prompt. Note that it does
not reject the user/pass, but just spits out another
prompt. The thing is, I logged in just fine after the
first time I installed. Much to my regret, however, I
decided to re-install and change the partitioning
scheme (just use the whole disk and accept all the
default values). Now, after many re-install attempts
with the vain hope that this problem might go away, I
am beginning to feel frustrated. Any ideas? I would
really like to log in......

Thanks for the help
Ryan