Subject: Re: NTFS and FAT32
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@bluegrass.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/2001 02:54:46
from Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>:

>20G partition, FAT32 works great with NetBSD; I'm running 1.5; I run W2K,
>W98se, NetBSD, and Linux all on same machine, sharing the same FAT32 partition.

Mike, do you run all these OSes in the same FAT32 partition?  I knew Linux could
run in a UMSDOS file system, which would be FAT16 or FAT32, but can NetBSD run
in a FAT32 file system?  I thought NetBSD needed its own file system.  If NetBSD
can run in a FAT32 partition, can NetBSD also run in an ext2fs (Linux native)
partition?  That would be easier for me than FAT32.  If you have four OSes
sharing the same FAT32 partition, how does the computer know which one to boot?