Subject: RealPlayer locking
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/17/2001 00:50:09
I previously (as in, maybe a year ago), had RealPlayer 7 installed and
working fine on my Thinkpad with NetBSD 1.4.x. Now that I've got
-current on it, I installed realplayer 8 from pkgsrc, and it locks up
as soon as I hit "Finish" on the registration stuff. (Yes, I'm
net-connected, so I don't think it's a case of not being able to
contact the registration server). Also, in case anyone's wondering,
the sound hardware on the machine is working fine - I tried playing
some MP3's with mpg123 and it worked.

So - anybody got any ideas what I should check?

Also, on another topic - any simple hints for making all my
NetScape-installed plugins work with Mozilla (without configuring each
one by hand)?