Subject: Re: Is it ok to use AMD athlon processors?
To: Bang Jun-Young <bjy@mogua.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/2001 22:39:21
Bang Jun-Young writes:
> Hmm...my board is A7V, too. What is the revision number of your A7V and
> when did you buy it?

How do I tell the revision number?  I bought it the second week of
December from "Treasure Chest Computers" after asking the Asus
marketing dept. where I might find a board in stock.  (It seems there
was a run on them just before x-mas and Asus was very helpful in
locating stock.)

> With the same graphics card, NIC, and sound card? That sounds quite
> strange to me. -current kernel as of Jan 15 runs well on my machine.

Yes, all the peripheral boards are the same.  I moved them from my
slow but stable Intel AL440LX motherboard with a 330Mhz P-II to the
Asus-A7V w. 1.1GHZ Athlon.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/