Subject: dead external scsi cd burner
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <collver@softhome.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/2001 18:11:13
Hi,

I have an external Yamaha CDE100II CD burner that was recognized by NetBSD
a year ago.  Since then, the CD burner moved to another system, and
eventually ceased working.  Now that I've attached it to my NetBSD machine
again, I see that NetBSD no longer recognizes it, that it gives some
error messages.  Before I buy a new CD burner, could anyone advise me on
the meanings of these error messages?  I think this CD burner is just dead,
but maybe I could learn from its death.

Yes, it is plugged in, powered on, terminated, and cabled correctly.  The
SCSI card works with other drives.

Thanks!

Ben
-----
ahc0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0
ahc0: interrupting at irq 12
ahc0: aic7850 Single Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 3/255 SCBs
scsibus0 at ahc0 channel 0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
probe(ahc0:0:0): Unexpected busfree in Message-out phase
SEQADDR == 0x151
probe(ahc0:0:0): SCB 1d - timed out in Message-out phase, SEQADDR == 0x151
SCSIRATE == 0x0
probe(ahc0:0:0): BDR message in message buffer
probe(ahc0:0:0): SCB 1d - timed out in Message-out phase, SEQADDR == 0x151
SCSIRATE == 0x0
probe(ahc0:0:0): no longer in timeout, status = 0
ahc0: Issued Channel A Bus Reset. 1 SCBs aborted
probe(ahc0:0:0): Unexpected busfree while idle
SEQADDR == 0x151