Subject: "Key Mouse" KM-203 Does not work?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Bogart <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/2001 12:45:03
I've just bought a Abit kt7 motherboard and am not able to get the X to
work because of the mouse. The mouse mentioned above is a PS/2 mouse. I've
configed X to use the "busmous" protocol with the /dev/pm0 device without
luck. When I type "startx" X quits saying that it could not access the
mouse. ("device not configured") This Abit machine is a NetBSD 1.5
machine. I tried using this same mouse with the same protocol and device
on an i386/netbsd1.4.2 machine and it worked fine, whats going on?! Is
this a NetBSD 1.5 thing?

I'm going to try the following things tonight (from the Xfree86 site):

protocol:	Device:

"wsmouse"	"/dev/wsmouse0"
"busmouse"	"/dev/pms0"
"Busmouse"	      "
"BusMouse"	      "
"Auto"		      "

this mouse could be a "3D" mouse, apparently an extended PS/2 protocol
that is not yet support by netbsd? (Xfree86 only has info on Netbsd1.4.2
and earlier)

I would appriciate any help.

Thanks for your time.
Ben Bogart

B. Bogart
Convergent Media Designer
Through scientific absolution we move further and further away from ourselves.