Subject: Re: Is it ok to use AMD athlon processors?
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@eecs.ukans.edu>
From: Jaromír Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/16/2001 10:35:31
Richard Rauch wrote:
> On the specific topic of support from NetBSD, I'm not aware that
> NetBSD/i386 targets Intel CPU's in favor of AMD CPU's.  Though I _do_ seem
> to recall a thread about problems with Cyrix CPU's...am I remembering
> correctly, and if so how was that ever resolved?  Anyone?

Yes, that particular bug was fixed (I think Jason Thorpe fixed it).
Cyrix didn't like uncached memory accesses used by the page idle
zero code.  Reordering some operations helped so that it have worked
IIRC (the thing is off on -current since it doesn't work with UBC
at the moment).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/