Subject: Weird panic: "intr_establish: irq 0 can't share LEVEL with PULSE"
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/15/2001 13:02:11
My main machine had a fainting spell the other day... It kept falling over
at bootup with the above panic (transcribed from memory, so it's probably
a little off... The relevant parts should be correct, though).

This same kernel had been running on the box without problems, and while
this was happening, the previous saved kernel also panic'ed in the same
fashion.  As soon as I rebooted with a serial console attached, the kernel
came up A-OK (damn you, Murphy!).

This panic happened right after the "biomask ..., ttymask ... " line was
spit up by the kernel.  The trace looked something like:

	[...stuff I don't remember...]
	initclocks()
	cpu_initclocks()
	isa_intr_establish()

I understand where this panic comes from, but I'm wondering how I got another
device that claimed IRQ 0 (from the fact it was LEVEL, I'm guessing it was a
PCI device that somehow registered the wrong IRQ?).

Anyone seen anything like this??  Hopefully next time I see this I'll be able
to poke around, but the fact that it happened 3 or 4 times then fixed itself
as soon as I slammed on the serial cable and booted with a serial console
really did freak me out.

Thanks for any info,
--rafal

----