Subject: Re: Question about USB->serial adaptors
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/15/2001 10:56:59
buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org (Brian Buhrow) writes:

> 	Hi folks.  Does NetBSD 1.4.x, 1.5 or 1.5-current
> support usb->serial port adaptors?  If so, which types and what's the
> maximum number of ports per adaptor supported?

The umodem driver is in 1.4.3, but I don't know exactly what it works
with. For plain serial drivers, we have supoort in 1.5 for devices
based on the FTDI chipset, which includes the cheapo one-port devices
made by Inland and QVS. I don't know of any multi-port devices we
support, unless their internal structure is a USB hub and a bunch of
FTDI devices.

        - Nathan