Subject: Re: X-server on a Dell Optiplex GX110
To: Alstrup, Kurt <kurt.alstrup@intel.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/13/2001 15:05:15
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 01:49:13PM -0800, Alstrup, Kurt wrote:
> I can't get the SVGA Xserver of the 1.5 NetBSD for i386 to recognize the
> i810 graphics controller.
> I saw earlier on this list (sorry, don't recall who it was) that it could be
> made to work, so how was it done?

By recompiling a XF86_SVGA with the driver included. This needs a few hacks and
pacthes, as it expects a few linux-specific includes files.
I can mail a binary to you Monday (ping me if I forget).

Please note that it may or may not work depending on your machine. XF86_SVGA
is supposed to interract with the kernel to setup the AGP bridge (hence
the need of linux includes), which it can't do with my hack. It seems that on
my machine the AGP bridge is properly set up by the BIOS :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>