Subject: Re: Sig 11/4 during system build
To: Mark White <mark.white@st-edmund-hall.oxford.ac.uk>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/12/2001 12:31:43
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Mark White wrote:
> I don't seem to be able to rebuild NetBSD 1.5 release; the
> compiler dies with sig 11 or sig 4 after a while each time.
> It seems to be a problem with the dynamic link interface
> calls -- stack traces seem to show it dies in dlclose() or
> sometimes dladdr(); a typical trace is:

[ snip ]

> Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I was having the same problems ever since I upgraded my K6-3 450 to 128M
of RAM (from 64). It's more than likely a hardware problem -- I went into
the BIOS and slowed dropped the RAM timing from 'fast' to 'normal' (I
forget the exact option) and the problem seems to have gone away.

Hope this helps,
Jared