Subject: Re: xine divx player - Error: no such 386 instruction: `pshufw'
To: None <zuntum@eik.pl>
From: Chuck Cranor <chuck@xxx.research.att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/10/2001 20:27:49
In article <20010110234057.A11531@cappi.interweb.lublin.pl>,
 <zuntum@eik.pl> wrote:
>Hey,
>I'm trying to compile xine (http://xine.sourceforge.net), but I got this error:
>zuntum@zunpc:/usr/pkgsrc/x11/xine/work/xine-0.3.5/libmpeg2# make

>{standard input}: Assembler messages:
>[...]
>{standard input}:346: Error: no such 386 instruction: `pshufw'
>{standard input}:440: Error: no such 386 instruction: `pshufw'
>[...]
>
>I found documentation on it at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/1295/nasmdoca.htm#section-A.200,
>but it doesn't seem useful.

>Any hints/ideas?

yes, the toolchain we are currently using is out of date.   a newer
one got imported in -current src/gnu/dist/toolchain, but it wasn't
switched over to last time i checked.

if you check out a recent source tree, copy that toolchain directory
somewhere useful, and run "configure" it will compile a new toolchain
that will actually compile xine.   (i installed the new tool chain
with --prefix in order to avoid messing with the standard 1.5 stuff.)

i wasn't able to get it to actually run though.  it wasn't clear
to me, but i think the next problem is either threads or DVD access.
i got busy at work and haven't had time to play with it anymore.

i would be interested to know if anyone else has had any luck in
this regard?

chuck

--
Chuck Cranor                            http://www.research.att.com/info/chuck