Subject: kern/8263 bug fixed in 1.5?
To: <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: <sudog@sudog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/10/2001 09:59:16
so i've got a whole load of iy0-type interfaces (etherexpress pro/10+)
sitting around..  maybe sixteen or seventeen, and I'd like to build
some firewalls for my family, friends, etc out of them. Yet the first
one I did with both iy0 and iy1 (added into kernel config) had the
exact same problem as listed in kern/8263..

is there any fixup or temporary patches for this? I noticed a lot of
"bus_space_read_2" and so forth added to the most recent driver.. are
these the fixups? Should we close kern/8263 then?

is mentions in a cvs change that he has monkeyed a bit with the
multicasting but somehow i don't think this is the problem.

is there anything I can do? can i run some code? try to build a
machine and lock up iy#, running some sort of ktrace maybe?

thanks,
marc