Subject: Re: panic on unmount
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/08/2001 09:25:19
In message <878zoomawb.fsf@gibbon.cnet.aladdin.de>, you write:

-> I've got a problem with one machine, running 1.5Q (and earlier
-> versions):
->
-> Whenever I unmount a local fs, where at least some activity has
-> happened (e.g. ls -l), I get the following panic:
->
-> "ffs_unmount: flush left dirty bufs 0xhexnumbla"
->
-> This also happens at shutdown time when the fs's are unmounted, so
-> it's really annoying.

I've also seen this, both on my laptop and desktop boxes.  The desktop
has a SCSI CD and CDRW, but the hard drive is IDE.  The laptop has both
an IDE disk and IDE CD, and no SCSI.

Sorry that I don't have more info, just wanted to add my <AOL>Me TOO!</AOL>
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@mediaone.net