Subject: Re: UltraDMA performance.
To: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/07/2001 21:00:11
On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 07:41:01AM +1100, dkwok wrote:
> >Strange. I have a HTP366 and a 370 in my home machine; both of them with
> >one drive per channel. No problems so far. But of course I don't have
> uptimes
> >longer than a few hours :)
> >
> >Did you check cables, and power supply ?
> >
> Cables are stock cables come with the High Point IDE controller. Power
> supply..Hmm, how does it affect the performance?

Not performances, but "lost interrupts" and "hangs".

> I have a 350W heavy duty power supply for the machine.

Should be enouth.
Check that each drive has its own power line from the PS (i.e don't use
the 2 connectors of the same power cable for 2 HD). This has helped me one
time.

> On the other hand would the brand and the make of motherboard affect it?

Possible, I don't know. I only have one motherboard at home :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>