Subject: panic on unmount
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/07/2001 02:03:16
Hi,

I've got a problem with one machine, running 1.5Q (and earlier
versions):

Whenever I unmount a local fs, where at least some activity has
happened (e.g. ls -l), I get the following panic:

"ffs_unmount: flush left dirty bufs 0xhexnumbla"

This also happens at shutdown time when the fs's are unmounted, so
it's really annoying.

There are 2 disks connected to 2 different IDE ports, one also has
a cdrom connected. System is a dual PII. Config file on request.
Additionally there is a SCSI disk attached, which normally is not
mounted. This SCSI disk seems to work fine, i.e. no panic at umount
time.

What could be the reason?

Thanks for any help,
regards,